PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2005, 11:18
Chequeredflag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A close shave Mazzy - no doubt Gertrude will want to stay grounded when you are flying!!! I have to say though, even you have assumed wrongly that I seemed to think Air Law is just an exam to get out of the way! I don't remember anything other than the "pass is a pass" quip, which you all seem to have taken the wrong way - I repeat, it was a comment to express relief at actually passing. Before I got the result, I telephoned my wife to say that I thought I'd flunked it. I genuinely thought I would only get about 60%. I was really rattled!!. Panic began to set in around question 20 - it seemed I knew the answers really, but couldn't persuade myself that I did, if that makes sense. The icing on the cake was changing two answers from right to wrong!!

Like you, after mocks with up to 95%, perhaps I was a little too self assured. The questions seemed to be rather more "oblique" than experienced in the mocks (more like those in the aptly named Confuser). I spent days/weeks on the damned subject and perhaps became over confident.

Still, enough of this subject - I'm supposedly up again this afternoon, though at present the visability is marginal.

Cheers all........