PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The s**t has really hit the fan!
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2005, 09:47
MackMeeter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good God man! Don't do it!!

Like previous responses, this isn't an encouraging one I'm afraid. I was in a similar situation to yours last year: 31yrs old, part-time instructor (coz Lord knows it'll never pay a living), applying for jobs for 2 and a half years with more knock backs than you can shake a stick at. Then I got a phone call out of the blue and I got my first job.

My point is that no matter how hopeless the situation with jobs seems to be, it isn't worth getting into even more debt over, especially with your wedding coming up. I'm afraid you have to bite the bullit and keep at the applying/networking etc whilst still earning some pennies else where, then think about the destructor ticket with some cash behind you. My mate (a very well qualified helo instructor) was flipping burgers in a bowling alley not so long a go to feed his family and now earns stacks for Bristows.

Do anything, even if you despise it with all you are worth - I did that for 4 years but it kept me away from the bailiffs. It will happen if you want it enough, hold your nerve matey.

Good luck MM