PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Racing to the bottom.
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2005, 06:46
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you have to realise the way the labour system works in capitalism. People pay the LOWEST amount they need to , to get the numbers of workers they require to make maximum profit.

If companies are short on pilots , they have to pay more -- up until the cost means that hiring another pilot doesn't help profit.

I don't think it is fair for people to throw mud at people for accepting less in pay&conditions (in substitute for losing their job). Basically what people are saying is "You take a hit for the team, and lose your job so that my pay won't decline".

Everyone has to make a living . If you can't accept the pay , don't accept it and find another job. It doesn't matter what you think you should be getting paid , unfortunately it only matters what people are going to pay you. Just look at the difference in pay between someone working on a cure for cancer, and someone who plays golf professionally.

Nothing will ever change. A stronger union may get hirer wages, but the net result would be fewer pilots.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love more money -- but ...

That's just the way it is.