PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gf roster?
Thread: Gf roster?
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2005, 20:52
ironbutt57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things are bound to be a bit "fluid" for a while, as the airline becomes "commercially driven", and big airplanes go where they should and smaller airplanes go where they should..GF is in a sense being dragged "kicking and screaming into the 20th century" so to speak, and as we know things don't happen overnight...so lots of problems have been raised here...any solutions? Leave the nationalities out of it, and get on with it....anyway, we do get paid for days off flying, and unlike our friends down the pike, OUR pay packages have gone forward..not backward...guess I,m a a "glass is half full" as opposed to half empty person these days....so now that some of us here have raised important issues here, why not offer some solutions? Or do you prefer to sit at home and cry about them?

I,ll offer one...take our lovely 767's and retire them...find 6 parked compatible 340's...phase them in at a realistic rate, and solve the HUGE fleet uncommonality problem which GF can ill afford...betcha a crate of tinnies GT could fill the buggers up and then some...and who cares if it climbs well or not? rather have my paycheck climb than the airplane:

Last edited by ironbutt57; 16th Feb 2005 at 21:16.