PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Outlook 2000 - cannot send / receive
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2005, 18:51
WG774

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outlook 2000 - cannot send / receive

Hi,

Whilst trying to send an email via Outlook (not express) in WIN2K SP4, my internet connection went offline. Once I got reconnected I realised that I wasn’t able to send any email, only receive, but now I can’t even receive.

My solution was to configure Outlook Express to my account settings, but it too has the same problem.

Every time I try and send an email I get an 0x8000ccc0e error number with the SMTP server.

Not only that, but Outlook seems to have gone slightly kooky on me, and doesn’t always come up when I double click. On the occasions it wouldn’t come up I shut down, only to see a box appear stating Outlook was having trouble shutting down.

I don’t think this is spyware related, as I have a firewall and have configured my system to ask for permission to install exe (can you believe they ship win2k with this option off, so anyone can put an exe on you?)

Seeing as my pc has numerous other bugs that have accumulated over time, I’m thinking I should get a new HD (current one is slow) and gradually transfer over. However, as it’s a DELL laptop, I’m not sure how one would power the other drive simultaneously with a new internal drive? Wouldn’t I need some kind of external supply to power the old drive to transfer?

There’s no way I could get over all the info in one go, I would have to have access to the old drive, how can you do this?

Many sincere thanks in advance for any advice, I’m self-employed and don’t know what I’d do without email… Things are so desperate I’m thinking of going out and getting a new machine on HP, I need email that badly.