PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just Passed For NATS
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2005, 18:28
vector801

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Passed For NATS

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone can help me out?
I've just recently passed the Nats Recruitment Phase and am due to start as a Trainee Air Traffic Controller at Bournemouth this September.

I no that there are a few of you out there that have done this all before and was wondering if you can help me out with a few things?

1) Do I have to attend some sort of Team Building exercise for a week somewhere?

2) With regards to Accommodation, does Nats encourage you to rent a house with others on you’re course. If anyone has any info on the accommodation side of things and what is the usual procedure would be extremely grateful.

3) Just a little enquiry into the Flying Training part of the course. If I am successful in getting that far, can I use the Hours awarded to me to re-validate my ICAO PPL that expired a year ago??

If there are any other things I should no that would benefit me before I head down south I would be extremely grateful in hearing them. I’m very excited about the prospect of trying to become an ATCO. I realize that there is a long hard slog ahead of me but I am determined that I will be successful, and hopefully a good asset to the company.

Regards, John