PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crews - are they happy?
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2005, 17:28
exvicar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although most of this has already been written on other forums, I thought I would add my 2 pennies worth. I joined Virgin 11 months ago and have absolutely no regrets whatsoever. On the financial side, the new pay deal coming in the month after I joined has certainly helped. The airlines pension contribution is reasonable although the pension itself has been a poor performer. I am on the 340 which is very comfortable given the amount of time in the cruise. Route structure is varied, although due to the current training requirement I have only been to the states 3 times in the last 4 months (however, personally I would rather head east). I tend to average between 3 & 4 trips a month and generally have around 15 days off. A lot of the time the girls are great fun, other trips you are lucky if you see them. Virgin is by no means perfect but on the whole there is, at present, no other airline that I would prefer to work for. Sure there are other airlines that pay more but overall our T&Cs are pretty good. Am I happy?................Very!

Now expecting a tirade of abuse from other carriers. Please be gentle it is my first post!