PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Feb 2005, 07:36
74world

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Bymonek,

Here are the answers to your questions:

First, I am like you guys, I thought that EK was the perfect company, keep in mind that for the last 5 years I have been going to Dubai every months with my present company......

So, because the grass looked greener I too send an application, Emirates has new aircrafts, they are expanding, Dubai is a nice and clean city....Etc..... and at the time guys were looking at less than 2 years for an upgrade, so not to bad!

Of course the salary is **** (3700 Euros/Month), half of what a first officer in my company makes, but what the hell I thought that maybe it was the price to pay for "job security".

At the end of last year, exactly 2 weeks after I was told that I was getting an upgrade with my present employer, EK offered me an interview.
Because I much prefer live in Europe and take home 10.000 Euros than 3.700 in Dubai, I wrote back saying that I wasn't interested anymore, thanks but no thanks!

I was surprised to receive another invitation.....I presume they didn't get the message!!!!!

Also I have friends (Capts and FOs) working for Emirates, all of them told me NOT to come, actually they are all applying for other jobs!!!!

Hope that answers your questions.....Cheers.