PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life without Qantas
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2005, 22:35
Naval Lint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Divide and Conquer

Folks as I see it Qantas management are all about dividing and conquering. Qantas fight their battles abroad - sure - some would argue they are losing there. However Qantas also are fighting battles closer to home (And this is the battle that effects every Australian pilot - both directly and indirectly). Its obvious GD hates the unions (and their members) far more than Singapore Airlines, Emirates etc etc. Look at the last few years. What a job! Many seperate little companies (All under the one BRAND NAME), and the staff of each are all fighting one another.

As the old saying goes "Together we stand. Divided we fall". We, as pilots (and most in the airlines are directly effected by Qantas' decions in some way), are divided. Dicko has it all over us. Pay and conditions continue to worsen - and I will suggest that they have a long way to go yet (Admittedly not all Qantas' doing).

I fear that GD will drive Qantas to purely a BRAND NAME - It is nearly that already. The more he divides us the less relevant any of the unions (we) become.

I am affraid that in this case I am a pessimist - I can not see us sticking together.

What are others thoughts about this?