PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJS Preferred Bidder
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2005, 13:58
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
Booca

I am an NJS pilot and feel some of you are missing the point.

I have been employed by NJS for 10 years and have no intention of moving on. I was quite happy flying the 146 and would continue to fly it happily for another 15yrs then retire.

I have never applied to QF, maybe a mistake in hindsight, not at all interested in the likes of Virgin or Jetstar.

As for moving overseas for $$$$ well if thats your thing then your welcome to it no competition from me.

I can safely say that a large percentage of NJS guys are here for lifestyle, e.g. alidad.

We were forced to make a decision.
The 717 are coming to replace the 146, no choice, we didn't ask for shiny new flash jets!! couldn't give a toss. They are coming.

Considering all the info available to us, and I mean real info not asumptions like Normasars has made, we could either comptete with Impulse/Jetstar pilots to maintain status quo or give in and hope like hell that QF really did want to maintain a business relationship with NJS for what ever reason.

I completely understand some of my colleagues displeasure with having to take a paycut or pay for an endorsement. God I don't want to go backwards, I believe I am worth every cent I get but consider the reality.

We are worse off initially by about $600.yr pre tax
Endorsement costs really equate to $0 after 2 yrs. not sure about an F/O
To take the chance and lose and move on to a mob like Jetstar costs what ever Capt Claret suggested earlier on, for the interview then if you get in ???
moving costs around $15k
Endorsement costs $ 35-40K
Back to an F/O's pay loss of about $50-60k all in one year. add that up and in the first year we are behind by about $100-120K before tax.

Thats before you have to move the kids from their friends, school, sell the house, and if other threads are accurate work for a company with morale well and truly down the drain.

We could expect absoluetely no support from any one outside our group. So solidarity = zip. Remember 1989.

So no thanks I will be a girl, sook tosser what ever you like but I am happy with my lot so get stuffed.