PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I bite the bullet???
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2005, 11:43
jamestkirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mcfarlane

Hello

diffucult question and bear in mind that it IS a risk.

I was in your position two years ago, albeit a little older.

Getting off a BA flight from Dublin i just thought that i should be flying these and not sitting in the back drinking the septic fluid from the toilets they call 'coffee'.

I sold my house to pay for the course. I had about 400hrs tt so went down the modular route. I left my job thinking that by the time i finished, the industry would have picked up significantly(based on rumour).

Now that i have finished and been OUT OF WORK (WHAT A PI@SER ! ) for the past six months,have i regretted it?

NO:
I miss my company sports car and roman themed courtyard garden (forget the garden thing). But i do not regret making the decision. i know it will work out and life is short.

A couple of people have already said it on this thread, 'that you'll regret it if you don't have a go'. It's true.

You are young, with the right background. All you need is the money.

I am looking out the window on a classic CAVOK day by the sea. the only thing i would like to do now is take a C150 (a man's machine) and go flying. Or, sit in front of the TV with a DVD of Kiera Knightly in that King Arthur film where she wears that classic warrior fetish gear.....painfully dull actress though.

Good luck

JTK