PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSA hindering Non US Citizens hiring?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2005, 03:52
0tter1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whaledog, I was not trying to sound ungreatful at all. I see myself as very fortunate to be in the USA and have the right to live and work here.

Firstly with 1300 hours I am not trying to go for the same jobs as a 10,000 hour pilot, nor should a 10,000 hour pilot be trying to go for the same job as a 1300 hour pilot. I dont have any intention of joining any US Airline (Major or Regional). I am just trying to earn a living just as much as anyone else.
I came to the USA from Australia with 1300 hours and a Commercial Multi Engine Instrument rating. When I arrived I was issued an FAA Private VFR only. I then proceeded to take the exams and fly the required hours and take my checkrides. NO COMPLAINTS!! I now have my MEL COM with Instrument.
I would never dream of taking an employer to court over presumed discrimination as I know after speaking to a chief pilot the other day about an advertised position, he told me he recieved 600+ resumes!! I know one of mine was in there, however I am sure the reason I didnt get the job was simply because there was someone better qualified for the position.

I think the purpose of this thread is for other 'aliens' or greencard holders to discuss their experiences and successions not to cry discrimination. Also to find out from others the current hiring situations and normal hiring practices for non US citizens. Maybe even to network a little...

0tter1 out