PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJS Preferred Bidder
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2005, 00:22
Normasars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scramjet77, thanks for your compassion and no I am not out of work. You are completely missing my point. Do you honestly think that NJS was ever going to lose the B717 contract. The writing was on the wall the day VQ was announced as the LCC for Qantas. A LCC CANNOT operate different fleet units, it is diametrically opposed to the whole business model of LOW COST.
The regionals were never going to crew the 717 and the 146s were ear marked for replacement. You guys were always going to be the operators of the 717.
What pisses me off is that you guys/girls at NJS (and yes I did work there for 2 years) believed the company Spin Doctors and caved in to their demands. Q played both NJS and Jetstar off against each other, and they are masters of that, just watch and see the Q400 saga unfold between Eaa and SS as to pay and conditions there.
Once again the company called the bluff of the pilot group and this has to stop. I am sorry if I offended you in my earlier post but this kind of sh!t is what is destroying all of us and our cause. Longjohns thread is a good read and there are some fantastic ideas there for all of us as professionals to ponder on that.
PS goodluck to yourself and Clarrie over there