PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 14th Feb 2005, 20:12
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
After such a mild winter it was hard to continue the hibernation process.

Talking of hard, it would appear that this was another reason for my awakening, as the lack of skin prevented me from keeping my eyes shut !

Waiting for me on the doormat was the AAC Newsletter, so I immediately flicked to page 3, as you do, to gaze upon the beauty theron. Dissapointed I was not, as there was this issues lovely, showing her assets in front of Sandhurst Old College.

My eyes became attracted to the opposite page, page 2 for those visitors from the site of the 18th plural , for the header was those immortal words, GLOBAL EAGLE.

Apparently the attempt had fallen foul of severe monsoon weather in India. I hadn't dreamt it during my slumber, It does rain during a monsoon!

A glow came to my heart, as I read the last paragraph telling me that, ;
"We hope to publish the epic story of his passage to India in the AAC Journal next summer."

EPIC STORY! Barry rise up, your people need you. Lead them from these lands of fruitlessness to pastures green and pleasant. To a land you can call your own.

Perhaps things may have worked out better if good old rifle toting Charlton Heston was occupying the 2nd seat.

11th Commandment;

"Thou shalt not go to India during monsoon season in an autogyro, for though shalt be made to look a right wally."

I believe Charlton also does a good line in water dispersment!

As it seems, King Canute was the stick buddy on this mission.

'1032 - Discovery of the first anagram' (King Canute)

Right then, I wonder how is the Freedom of Information Act going to affect the Journals article. I shall look forward to it with baited breath as the truth will out, so I am informed, eventually.