PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC155
Thread: EC155
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2005, 17:33
Musket33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SASless

Wow! Opened a can of worms here, so first things first.
A "Nigerian Cat A" is not the Cat A Bell helicopters describes in the approved Aircraft Operators Manual. As you'll notice the max takeoff weight is 10,200 lbs and goes down from there. I know for a fact your well aware of the little fiddle that was carried on for years to make the "Nigerian Cat A" acceptable. Perhaps you should talk to a Capt. McDonald who is no longer flying. He was one of the people who helped arrive at a compromise to develope the "Nigerian Cat A"

Yarba

Yes your right any wheeled aircraft will sink into the mud faster than a skid aircraft. Yes, your also right the B212 had a shorter reject distance than the EC155B. However, the B212 operated with a much lower max takeoff weight to met the Bell approve Cat A profiles.
As for Cat A and Cat B I understood that Class 1 and Class 2 refered to the type of reject area you were rejecting to. This would determine the amount of damage to passengers and aircraft if a reject were required. I understand these definitions come from the current JAR ops. Must admit I\'m not really up on the EU regulations so any specific reference would be greatly appreciated.

SASless

Your absolutely right if the passenger door is open it blocks the baggage door on that side of the aircraft. However, you only need to open one passenger door at a time. This leaves the other side baggage door free to be opened and use. Unlike the B212 which only has one baggage area door.

SASless and Yarba

Sorry, I\'m a little rusty on the 212, not having flown it for a few years. Looking under CAA approved supplements BHT-212-FMS-CAA-7 Section 1A-6-A Maximum GW is 10,000 pounds.