PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC155
Thread: EC155
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2005, 15:29
SASless

Received 506 Likes on 210 Posts
Musket,

How do you load baggage and pax simultaneously on the 155...does not the cabin door slide back over the swinging baggage door?

Do you still have the restriction on opening the crew doors with the rotors turning at less than full chat?

Seems to me we used Cat A performance on the 212's although the profiles had been tinkered with to allow for operation from the pumpstations so long as we used the canals and rivers for rejected takeoffs. As you can relate...some of the reject areas were quite small and usually very rough....sometimes covered in Bananna Palms.

I never could see how "ditching" could be considered a "safe landing area".....anyone care to explain that to me? I was always led to understand the reject area had to be clear of obstacles, smooth, and firm enough to support the aircraft. I freely submit any sort of water does not meet that critieria.

Why would you operate the 155 Cat A only...and not the 212 fleet....has there been a change in the safety culture at Shell? When the 212 and the 155 were working side by side....was that the case....Cat A for the 155 and non-Cat A for the 212?