PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life without Qantas
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2005, 06:45
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may be true, Sunfish. However,you can bet that those who are "redeployed" wont share in the benefits of being a more productive member of the economy. This is all part of the win-lose outcome that is sought by the current batch of capitalist pigs who run the Australian corporate economy; they win, workers lose.
I am one of those redundant QF employees! as for being a more productive member of society, definatly Yes! the world Outside the Qf sheltered workshop is vastly different to the percieved world from within the workshop,

and if your a worker and dont want to loose! then dont, become the boss! i have, earning 3 times per week then i did at QF! work monday to fri. and write my own paychecks! not only that i move approx $30 Million worth of stock through QF and AaE! (oh how i pray for an alternative domestic air freight company)

amd when it comes to finances! i havent made a profit in 3 yrs! I even repay half of my pay back to the company to help it out! (income effectivly becomes receipt of a loan repayment, no payroll tax, etc) a good accountant is worth his weight in gold! and im sure Qf can make the books look as good as they want no mater how their "actual" finances look! and now im in the transport game (road/rail) the QF brand is rapidly loosing its gloss!

IMO QF is making its record profits from its staff, internal cost cutting and degredation of its most valuable asset, its brand! Not so long ago, QANTAS meant Quality, safety, and a top range product! now its just another airline.