PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2002, 18:24
Nick Lappos

Frisky Bunny you sound frisky, all right.
I think I posted a few lines above your post to discuss the work remaining, where I described the work we will do to certify the environmentals - cold, snow, altitude and such, down to the hook/hoist/floats.

So please tell me exactly what do you think I didn't tell you, as in "What Sikorsky have not told you".......

It is great having this web site, because I can converse with folks all over the world, directly. I can also let you know that I resent your attitude, and remarks.

Any time you would like to pull off a "publicity stunt" like certifying a flying machine, let me know. I will hold your coat while you do the stunt. Just pack a lunch, cause it is just an all day job for someone as skilled as you. For us regular airframers, it takes about 250 engineers and technicians and about 4 years from first flight. Maybe 1500 flight hours, each hour the product of a 30 man team to launch, measure and inspect each of the three aircraft, plus about 100,000 pages of engineering reports, several hundred test components to tear apart on machines (the largest machine pulls with 150,000 pounds of tension). Some stunt, huh?