PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Living in Macau
Thread: Living in Macau
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2005, 17:47
Saturn

Here is what it is

It's that I am emplyed by a US company (USAB). As long as I am paying tax to the US, which we all know we Americans do, I can file an exemption to the HK IRD. Did that over the summer and have not heard from the IRD again. HK and US have a tax treaty. Now, if and when I move to HK on USAB, my first $70,000 USD is non taxable living out of the US for more than 330 days of the year, I can live wherever I want. I was just curious, and have recently had my question answered, about living in HK but still flying for USAB and filing the exemption. The answer I got was yes.

Now let me clarify one thing so no-one gets crazy. I have done a lot of research on this as well as going to the IRD. It really works out the same either way because you get credit on your US tax return for paying HK taxes. I just wanted to do it this way in case I was to get sacked in my first year of probation and trying to get my money back from the IRD. Eventually, I will join VETA (I hope) will live in HK and pay HK taxes and use the treaty.

Typical pattern is HKG-ANC, 8+ hours in the winter, 9 in summer (Winds) 24 to 48 sometimes 72 hours in ANC (fun in summer, winter too if you know russian girls or the bicycles). Then ANC-HKG, 11hrs+ in winter 9 in summer. See ya in Wan Chai, LOL.
--------------------
PLK-CX Cargo