PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Airline planned ex Manston
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2001, 18:16
GROUNDHOG

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Come on now,don't think anyone is slagging off Manston Jes, in fact I was at the oepening by HRH Fergie and certainly thought how good to see the airfield used effectively.

It is only market research that determines where flights are scheduled to and how often, since I have not done that research I cannot make informed comment but 35 years in the business guides me to thinking that Manston to Prague is not an immediate candidate for a Boeing 737-800.

Apart from the fact you can't realistically operate an airline with a single unit how much utilistaion would you need to achieve per month to pay for said new shiney expensive 737-800?

I would be delighted to see Manston have its day but would have thought the growth will more likely come from attracting existing airlines to run schedules from there by offering suitable incentives and subsidies.

Regarding short haul routes with smaller equipment that might just work and be the basis of the start, but as I said before without the market research and route studies no one can be sure on way or another.

Still, what would I know.....