PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gf roster?
Thread: Gf roster?
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2005, 15:57
jetseat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Tic and Mogley,
If you are so in tune with what was and what is, please take note that GF is now completely commercially driven. GF is going after the routes that fill the ac. Most airlines that make it now a days do that to make the most of what they have. Since GF can not, for the sake of lifestyle, just do routes to keep the routine....routine. This means schedule changes, our rosters (yours and mine)are the next ones to be affected.
Yes, like every mid east transporter, we are short pilots. As one mentioned you can not get one to do what 2 are suppose to fly. Schedule changes and book offs, that is what affects us all.
couldn't pay me enough to work in crew control on a good day. those guys walk in to a war every day.
As for planning, get the crew to show up and the pilot numbers to meet the demand, you just might see that those Cannucks know what they are talking about. Many in the US have heard of them, talk to pilots or op centers in the majors in Can or US. Even better, try Emirates, save your long distant fils/dhs. they have a following there, would be a pitty to lose them to the not so promising land. Have confidence, my family and I do. jetseat