PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC155
Thread: EC155
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2005, 15:49
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
212man....last time I checked....OLOG/Bristow operates Shell owned 155's....you guys are mere caretakers of the equipment....thus no competitive advantage there in my view.

Certainly we would not want you to give out proprietary information....but the same information that would go into a MMIR or a government publication surely is not "confidential". We are talking about generic problems that all operators of a common aircraft type are having......ever sat in on a Technical briefing at the HAI for example....the manufacturers are very forthcoming about these kinds of things....and they are open to the public...no invite required...no entrance fee....just walk thru the door. I found the feedback given and received by the operators and manufacturer to be very helpful last week. Engine issues with the C+ was discussed....that led to the conversation about the 155 and its engine issues. No secrets at Sikorsky....why at your end?

Why do you appear reluctant to discuss straight forward technical issues? You are in a position to relate much the same kinds of information that Nick does for the S-92 and S-76, and would not reveal sensitive company information while doing so.

Or do I misunderstand your position?