PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2005, 15:20
SASless

Received 516 Likes on 215 Posts
Personnel Security has been a problem for years in Nigeria. Hiring a local guy and giving him a stick does not quite work as a real deterrent to burglars.....putting curtains in vans does not deter armed robbers. The latest account of the measures available to protect the staff confirms the lack of real concern given this problem. Remember all the hijackings and pilots being held hostage a while back.....

I used to love showing up at Lagos International...along with lots of Chevron people.....they were met by armed police hired by the oil company....and I sometimes had to make my way to the taxi rank to find my way to the Staff House. Granted nothing happened....but the possibility existed.

What bugged me most was the attitude held by some of the Powers that Were about such things.

Nope...times are changing...and not for the better.....hope the operators rise to the occasion and take the necessary precautions to safeguard the people.

Dollars to Dog droppings....you can hold the stakes in yer mouth....the wages will not go up.....nothing will change. Any takers on that bet?