PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RVSM
Thread: RVSM
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2001, 11:06
eyeinthesky

Is anybody else as astounded as I am at the percentage of traffic which is still non-approved and passing through our airspace? We were assured it would be LESS THAN 5pct AT STARTUP and 10 days on it is sometimes as high as 30pct. What is being done to monitor/improve it?? Nothing, I suspect, as usual, in the hope that we will just learn to live with it.

In addition, was there any simulation done or assessment made of the R/T loading which now occurs since EVERY aircraft which enters UK airspace on NSEA from MAAS westbound needs a level change to comply with RVSM. While we might choose to leave them at 350/310 when it is quiet, when it is busy the easiest way is to change to RVSM levels, and this is of course when R/T loading is the highest. What is it ging to be like when the TSFs are back to 100 pct?

It seems to me this is yet another case of a capacity-increasing measure being implemented on various promises which have not been fulfilled. The exclusion of non-approved traffic goes on of course, but we are not allowed to tell the aircraft that, so the message never gets through.

------------------
"Take-off is optional, Landing is mandatory"