PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I too late?
Thread: Am I too late?
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2005, 11:36
Mark Wannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks for all your comments

I’m very grateful for all of your comments. A mixed bag really as I expected.
The overwhelming message I am getting is that the future prospects are that should I look to fulfill my ambition I am destined to suffer financial hardship, a possible divorce (now wouldn’t that be costly?), my children not recognising me when I walk through the door, a torturous time in ground school and after all that no guarantee of a job.

However and it’s a big however I cant ignore the one comment Cloud69 made, what if I die thinking I wish I tried?
Recently suffering a bereavement in the family it does make you sit and ponder, “we aint on this planet long” why plod along doing what you think is the sensible thing and regretting it later.

Anyway without getting to philosophical on you all, down to practicalities.

I plan to take six months to take my PPL whilst sorting out my affairs and try to sell my business. After that I will be looking for a ground school for my ATPL/CPL.
I am taking a tour of BCFTC in Bournemouth in a fortnight. Have any of you had any experience of this school.

Thanks again for all your comments and hope to speak to you all again in the future.

Kind regards
Mark Wannabe