PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Standardisation ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2005, 10:59
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Baron,

Absolutely one should enjoy the experience. That is why we do what we do - be it work or pleasure. However, in no situation should enjoyment be at the expense of safety.

People who enjoy flying the most are often those that prepare and operate to the highest standards - not those that for example cant be bothered spending hours reading the AIP or NOTAMS Cause they are too difficult - only for their enjoyment to be spoilt cause they didn't check that there was temporary restricted airspace.

----

FFF,

Don't take it personally - it was simnply something that jumped off the page as I read your comments - something that I would make not of say in an interview!

Read my quotes again carefully...........there is no I in Team!

It may not be the case but your statement smacked of a pilot that does it his way not the organisations way!

Standardisation requires instructors to work as a team. If every instructor does it their way (even if it does suit their student) then problems are continually going to arrise.

As I said at the start - if students record differences and instructors agree a common approach then there will in time be minmal differences - or atleast no serious ones!

Regards,

DFC