PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2005, 11:38
TOPJET973K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC

While digesting the last few posts I must respond, the RMT said at a meeting they would be looking for the proposal that fulfills the criterea of

a) a members club

b) flying training/private hire

C) creditors needs

From what I see now they have fulfilled one of those - the creditors needs.

Elia Golfin, Ashton Aviation etc etc never had any chance what so ever of getting anything out of this, a Samson Jet Centre proposal was possibly already being talked about with Graeme Mason at EGNT long before the RMT stood infront of us and waffled their hollow smoke screen to the members.

If MB at Samson does continue flying training/private hire and keeps the bar open for members then good on him and I mean that but it appears he doesn't really want to do this (quoted from MB himself) then why the hell did the RMT accept his proposal, to satisfy the creditors which IS the most important thing in this whole sorry episode.

Why was Elia Golfin "flannelled" by Mason, Pott, Farnish et al to up his bid and resubmit when the Ballinger deal was all but accepted, signed, sealed and almost delivered?

This may sound bitter, harsh or even childish but I would dearly love to see ALL private aircraft removed from the "clubs" old hangar and relocated to where they are meant to be - in the Bellman hangar, then it looks like nobody will have benefitted from the clubs situation. I care little what deals or arrangements are in place but it has been said for a long time that private groups wanted the hangar for their own use, they may have it now but for how long?

H999. Exactly - why has this dragged on and on, why has MB been given so much time when other proposals weren't even given the courtesy of a meeting at EGNT. Mason's "flu" lasted 4 days, that was 17 days AFTER MB should have signed the deal and why was Elia asked to resubmit? How much time does MB want, he either fills the RMT criteria and signs or he doesn't fill the RMT criteria and doesn't sign - simple really.

My input to this thread is now finished - HURRAY is the cry! So be it, my dignity and conscience intact - some peoples will not be, and the DTI/Fraud Squad or whoever won't be knocking on my door.

Good luck to you all, safe flying & thank you.

Marcus

Newcastle Aero Club Member (May 1996 - November 2004)

Last edited by TOPJET973K; 12th Feb 2005 at 17:52.