PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJS Preferred Bidder
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2005, 11:07
flyingins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am relieved the NJS crew were able to win the 717 contract and keep thier jobs.

I am saddenned that QF once more felt the need to force and then accept an offer which is to the general detriment of pilot wages across the board.

I am hopeful that if solidarity amongst pilots is only good in theory, then at least we can all try to find a way to serve ourselves in the future which doesn't at the same time disadvantage our colleagues.

I am absolutely DISGUSTED at the temerity shown by the short sighted, narrow-minded hot-heads on this forum who display the arrogance which itself demeans the profession more than any pay cut could.

Just remember two things;

1) Pilots fly the planes. As employees we cannot and do not dictate terms of employment. At best we can attempt to influence them, at worst we just have to accept them.

2) If you were in the same place you'd do the same thing.

I pity the future of Australian aviation not because of the hapless choice (a choice between a job and unemployment is an unlucky one) of a group of harassed airline pilots, but because of the abhorrent and reprehensible attitude, actions and words of people who harp on about "professionalism" in one sentence and slander colleagues in the next.

Good luck to the NJS crew.