PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parallel entries to the racetrack
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2005, 08:34
bookworm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OzExpat

Thanks for that. Can I just ask for clarification of what you're saying? And I'm asking about PANS-OPS procedures here, I won't ask you to speak for the French!

I'm having trouble squaring what you say with PANS-OPS Vol 1 3.3.2.2

Normally a racetrack procedure is used when aircraft arrive overhead the fix from various directions. In these cases, aircraft are expected to enter the procedure in a manner comparable to that prescribed for holding procedure entry with the following considerations:

a) Offset entry from sector 2 shall limit the time on the 30" offset track to 1 min 30 s, after which the pilot is expected to turn to a heading parallel to the outbound track for the remainder of the outbound time. If the outbound time is only 1 min, the time on the 30" offset track shall be 1 min also.

b) Parallel entry shall not return to the facility without first intercepting the inbound track when proceeding to the final segment of the approach.

c) All manoeuvring shall be done as far as possible on the manoeuvring side of the inbound track.
Are you saying that racetrack entries (as opposed to holding pattern entries), are not, by default, protected?