PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 - earlier than expected testing failure ...or not..??
Old 12th Feb 2005, 01:24
Chambudzi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeke

Why on earth would I want to lie about this. Too me it is a flight safety issue concerning aircraft as they come into service. The incidents I described are both true and happened years ago when the A340/330 first came into service..
The MAS A330 caught fire because against orders the engineers in SIN insisted on pushing the appropriate CB in to open the cargo door hydraulically. I know it burned and the fire was put out fairly quickly bevause I saw it.
The Air France aircraft may not have been on line ops at the time it burned but that was because after a days work in the air it was towed to a remote bay for the night. It caught fire and burned before the fire Dept could get control of it.
The fuel imbalance probs were caused by a glitch in the systems computer that had shown up a number of times when it happened to me and was put right a few months later.
The Pchart probs in Mauritius lasted 6 mths because no one knew that figuers were wrong of course. Fewer than 5% of take offs were at max weight and up against the numbers and the problem only showed up when the planes were at max. The problem was investigated under the suspicion that the planes were being somehow overloaded. It was assumed that the figuers couldnt possibly be wrong because they were given to us by Airbus. When we finally questioned Airbus they found the 7 degree discrepantcy and put it right.