PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Navy!
Thread: Fly Navy!
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2005, 00:09
peterpann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think from my own experience people who want to fly have got two/three real options now...........

1. Apply for the Forces - A Good well respected career.... no not career away of life because thats what it is your signing away you life for x amount of time.

2. Sponsorship - For the lucky few again you sign on the line and your bonded for a certain amount of time but I don't really think the risks are as great as option one................ although easy and ryan do fly from Liverpool (thats a joke for anyone who hasn't got a sense of humor!)

3. Fund yourself (or get your parents to if your lucky) - Which yes you carry a big financial burden and yes no job security at the end but the end of the day your life is still your own and IS ANYTHING FOR CERTAIN!!!!.

SO its up to you........... make the decision yourself its your life (well not if you choose option one - but thats my view)

oh and if anyone chooses option one be sure you are doing it for the right reasons because it your good enough to pass cranwell selection possible apprehensions you have will come out at the next selection! Be warned. And another point even tho. they say you have 2 chances, if you stuff up big time at stage one they won't have you back to try again.

What ever option you guys and girls take....... Good luck

Peter and Tink

p.s Thanks for the job you guys are doing in the forces I envy you at times and always respect you