PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened to NSW ems drama at 'gong topic
Old 11th Feb 2005, 20:45
helmet fire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rough trans,
I do not think it is time to gloat. No one appears to be dining on humble pie, and certainly there are no "vindicated" parties in this affair other than possibly CHC who get to have a crack at demonstrating their lack of politics and their focus on task performance. Indeed they are the only real winners here.

What of the people of the Illawarra who have poured so much into establishing and keeping Lifesaver going in the 'gong?

As for the Wollongong staff, are they now redundant? The pilots are needed in Sydney, but are the crewman? This is the detail and the reality of politcs. It's all fun until someone loses an eye, and in this case, what of their livelihoods?

I wonder who will be paying them now that their jobs have been assigned to CHC. I hope someone does, because they have young families, and we should all reflect on the impact upon those families as a result of political games. That is the sad reality. The rest of the finger pointing is what got us to this point in the first place.

(edited to take out some finger pointing of my own!! Sorry.)

Last edited by helmet fire; 12th Feb 2005 at 01:12.