PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pfa V Bmaa
Thread: Pfa V Bmaa
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2005, 19:09
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My guess is that it will do little to help overall light aviation support in the UK if these two bodies end up even more at loggerheads.

I've read the debacle on the PFA website and cannot quite believe that the PFA have acted as they have. I recall this very allegation, that the PFA were seeking to take responsibility for the BMAAs core activity, came up some time last year.

Didn't the PFA chief post something either here or on the Flyer forum that directly quashed this story? I seem to remember reading somewhere a strong denial from someone high up in the PFA that they were not going to seek to compete with the BMAA like this.

It does look on the face of it as if the PFA has committed something of a PR disaster, but then it does seem as if that is fairly normal behaviour for them.

I doubt it will make them many friends within the BMAA community though, particularly as they seem to be a dynamic, friendly and enthusiastic collection of aviators who strongly defend their hard won right to fly with minimal interference from other bodies.