PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus 22 Crash - 1 Dead. Crisis.
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2005, 22:57
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Bloody hell I'd like to see a Cessna get out of an inverted spin without making a crater! I wonder how it got into that spin mode in the first place?
Roll inverted, push the stick forward, put in full rudder at about Vs+10kn. I've never inverted spun a Cessna, but from experience on other types I'd expect it to probably be unpleasantly oscillatory, but very quick to recover.

which won't happen because there isn't anywhere near enough money floating about in UK GA)
Some may have noticed my analysis posted recently of new aircraft bought in the UK during 2004. I'm in the process of doing a much deeper analysis covering 2000-2004, 5 years in total.

The analysis isn't complete yet, once it is I'll post it on Pprune somewhere. But, provisionally during that 5 year period there were 145 new-build Robinson R44s sold into the UK, 113 new Europas, 50 R22s, 37 DA40s, 29 Pegasus CT2K, 22 new Cessna 172s, 34 new Piper Archers and Warriors (and one Boeing 747!). There's money out there somewhere, just wish I saw more of it

G