PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Choice
Thread: First Choice
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2005, 22:19
cirrostratus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a FCA FO and whilst there are problems with the Co, you make your decisions based on your priorities.

I flew 620 hours last year! Over the winter months I averaged about 4 flights per month, one of which was longhaul. The summers are tough but you take the rough with the smooth. At least 99% of the guys I fly with are top blokes and I have pretty much flown with all of them in this base and others. The crew are great and they actually talk to you unlike some in other companies one could mention! Yeah the Co would like to screw us but name me a Co that does not! Yeah command ain't gonna come quick, so go to Squeazy, Ryan, DHL or Jet2, whatever if that what you want? It ain't any shorter in Virgin, Thompson or BA. If its better pay you want then you are in the wrong profession old chum! All said and done, FCA share price is nealry 180p and with the 787/GE Engines ordered and the new 767s arriving FCA is not going to down the tubes for want of being inventive, not before Thompson, Monarch, TC and MYT at least.

If you want to work for the flag carrier, well off you go, enjoy; my mates there envy our down route lifestyle and they fly more hours. If you wanna do permanent longhaul off you go to Virgin, personally I like to be at home once in a while (nearly every night in fact) and I like landing these things occasionally and I prefer to do it more than 1.5 times per month, thats what pilots do!

So decide what 's important to you mate and make you judgment accordingly.