PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2005, 19:21
clearfinalsno1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, lets not get too distracted by RMT's 17K fee. I think its quite reasonable actually. Maybe if we had all pushed the club into admin a few years ago to break the stranglehold of AC et al, we might not be in this situation now - this assumes a white knight had been available to take over the assets (Elia etc).

You've got to ask how much you'd want to be paid to come in from the outside and run the "company".

Assume the two administrators were paid minimum wage as cleaners - say 4.50 an hour. A 37 hour week would cost 166.50. But the real cost of an employee (employers taxs, holiday and sickness allowance etc) is maybe another 30% on this. So this comes to 216.45 a week. For two of them the 10 weeks or so of administration comes to (216.45x2x10) 4,329.

I don't think it unreasonable for an experienced accountant to be paid 2 or 3 times as much as a cleaner. Then there are travel expenses, offices, equipment and support staff to pay for and finally of course some profit for RMT. Thus I suggest 17K for RMT compared to 4.3K for 2 cleaners is not a bad price.

So lets not blame RMT for any of this. Its more likely all the other takers and spongers who were unnecessary overheads for so many years.