PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flyBE A319 deal imminent?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2005, 15:48
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks as though their strategy commits them to running two sizes of aircraft.

Many of the routes from the smaller regional airports would not support a 319 size a/c and conversely some of their sun routes especially need something around that size.

Now they consider themselves a lowcost airline are they stretching the concept too far, or will they turn out to be ground breakers in that such a two diverse aircraft policy will work, or, as the last poster has asked, are they setting themselves up for a sale?

And if they were bought out is it likely any buyer would continue Flybe's strategy? Possibly a management buyout might but how likely is that?

As always, I pose these questions in the spirit of trying to learn from those who know more about these things than me.

I hope Flybe (in whatever guise) continues its regional route development because it brings a decent network to the likes of the far southwest and East Anglia, places that probably would not be looked at by the 'traditional' low cost carriers, if such a genre as been in existence long enough to form a tradition.