PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-What is Balpa for...??
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2005, 11:24
146whisperjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Having read all our comments on this topic,perhaps we should now stand back,take a deep breath and think.
I am NOT on the company CC but do have these observations.
The pay claim is totally inadequate now because the airline is totally different to the one of the year 2000.Our modus operendi has changed dramatically and so should our remuneration.
However the way to achieve this is not by bickering or absolutely not by leaving BALPA.They may not be perfect but when you think it out rationally without them who will negotiate salaries,term and conditions,scheduling agreements etc.
I am sure our Ops Director reads these pages and must be wringing his hands with glee at the disharmony - divide and conquer!
BALPA is without doubt an instrument that works hard for the worlds favourite airline(!!!!)however do consider the strength of membership in BA.
If we all vote with our feet and leave BALPA and the numbers dwindle we will no longer have company recognition and then where will we be?
I am not enthralled by BALPA's contribution but I do wonder if our CC get enough support from BALPA HQ.
We were always going to lose some pilots who want to fly bigger things it is the loss of the others that we need to concern ourselves with,those that are leaving because they see it as the only way to get paid what their hard work gaining a licence deserves and to be treated fairly.
We do have a life outside the job give us chance to live it!
Here endeth the first lesson