PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanarama
Thread: Japanarama
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2005, 22:40
JapJok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those looking at the AirDo 737 contract may be well advised to do some homework on the taxation situation.

I understand that the contracts are worded along the lines" .....(recruiting company) is responsible for Japanese taxation on the above amounts."

The `above amounts` do not include the entire package though, so it`s possible that you may be responsible for at least some of the taxation.

A former colleague recently told me that there are changes to taxation, and things such as travelling allowance, per diems, etc., will now be the subject of taxation. May be true, may not...maybe, sometimes, almost.

These agencies, along with airline managements, have more tricks than a monkey on a trellis, so be careful.

Prince, I am familiar with the Malay/Indonesian word `abang`. I did speak Bahasa Malaysia some years ago when I spent some time there..not fluent, but not bad.

And you would now know that Japan won the soccer match in extra time....bitch!!!

Kaptin M, why would you ever want to grow old gracefully, when you can grow old DISGRACEFULLY!!

You can do as the Japanese do...In an internet look at the Japanese English newspapers a couple of days back, I noticed that the number of prosecuted`groping` cases, on Tokyo trains, was up significantly from last year to about 2,400. Not all that high in a city of 16 million people I wouldn`t have thought, and I`m sure there`s room for you to get in there and make your mark.

That`s make good headlines in the Yomiuri....Foreign pilot charged with groping local lovely....bag of $hit.