PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fri 2 & Ftc / Ftc (a)
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2005, 18:27
Oggin Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobaltfrog - Thanks - I dont get access to UK signals where I am.

Dancing Bear - It is aged 38 or 16 years reckonable service from age 21 (for Officers), the important bit being whichever comes later.

Hence if you join at aged 20, IPP is your 38th Birthday, ie you actually serve anything up to 18 years, depending on your birthdate and entry date to BRNC.

If you join aged 22, it is 16 years service, so you will be over 38 at IPP anyway.

If you join aged 21 (or younger), it works out at aged 38 at IPP as serving 16 years only puts you at aged 37 (or younger).

If you join aged 24, it is 16 years service, so you will be 40 at IPP.

The bottom line is that you will be 38 whatever, so aged 37 doesnt come into it.

[edit to say if you got commissioned through the SD (=SUY) or CW schemes the rules may be different due to your previous non commissioned service. I wasnt so dont know the differences.]

This is the way I have always understood the rules, I may well be wrong but I have financially planned as well as everyone else (esp over the FRI issue) and I think I am right. Anyone with a expert knowledge of BR766 or Officer Career Regs may well be able to put me right.

Anyway, I look forward to the plethora of WAFUs on the signal this November, instead of them stringing everyone along year after year not allowing productive future planning.

Hyd 3 - Just because someone gets FTC does not tie them to the service - they can still PVR anytime (although as a WAFU you have to accept the drop in one level of SSP Flying having PVR'd). By signing up to FRI 2 they get to keep you for 5 years, if you PVR you pay it back (and take the drop in SSP Flying). So dropping FRI 2 but increasing the numbers on FTC may well not stem the flow outside, esp with airline recruiting on the up.

Any news on the RA being extended to 55?

Hey diddly dee, a sailor's life for me

Oggin

Last edited by Oggin Aviator; 9th Feb 2005 at 18:41.