PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 - earlier than expected testing failure ...or not..??
Old 9th Feb 2005, 12:55
Zeke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chambudzi,

Only incident involving an Airbus at Singapore was the hijacking in 1991.

MAS have had a number of problems with A330's, one incident at KL involved a leak of 2000 kg of hydroxy quino-line cargo a dangerous good over the wing centre box writing the aircraft off.

More recently at KL one had been found with numerous wires cut in avionics bay, and I believe very recently someone poured a whole can of hydraulic fluid throughout the cockpit and left the empty can on the glare shield.

Only one life has been lost in an A330 in commercial operations, that was a hijacker who jumped out of a Philippine Air Lines flight in 2000 with a home made parachute. 7 people were lost in an A330 during flight test.

The air france A340 hull loss was during maintenance, not line operations. The fire was a result of the yellow hydraulic electric pump overheating during maintenance.

As you would realise, not everything is on ECAM, can think of 7 procedures that are in the QRH but not ECAM, and many more in FCOM....did you look at FCOM for your fuel imbalance ? From memory there is a gravity drain procedure to the centre tank for the problem you described...

Your PChart problem is intersting...why did it take SQ 9 months to get onto Airbus about it...and what validation of the PChart information was done by the airline ... to meet CAAS requirements. Somehow if think a little too much detail is missing from your story...or just untrue like I have explained above. Sounds like someone was using packs off data for packs on takeoff to me.

For the record, the untimate loading and testing of the A380 wing box has not been done, nor has one failed at a lower load that I have been made aware of.