PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Distance learning with Naples?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2005, 07:35
Charlie Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is strange, I am sure I replied to this one yesterday. Then again it was a little hectic in work so I may have been distracted whilst typing...

Anyway yes I'm on the Distance Learning course with NAC.

Module 1 has taken me longer than I had anticipated but that is due to various reasons that isn't relevant to this post.

The course notes are neatly presented with colour diagrams, tables etc when required. The folders contain self assessments but the assessments which count towards the course are taken online together with various other self assessments. These online tests are marked instantly.

Support is via a forums based interface so everyone can learn from your questions which I believe is a good idea. However you can still contact your tutor.

The only thing that would probably make the course better would be a CD-Rom with animations etc just like Bristol's. Oh well...

I haven't been on a brush up course or taken the exams yet but am now booked in on the July brush up course and August exams.

My choice was between NAC and Bristol as all of my friends who have used Bristol have had only excellent reports about them. Their notes look nice and the CD-Rom is a bonus. The reason why I choice NAC is because I have attended the school for the FAA certificates and I'd prefer to be many miles away from home where I'll have no family distractions during the brush up course and exams instead of being only a few miles away from home if I went to Bristol.

All the best.

Charlie Zulu.