PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Behave yourselves, you naughty ATCOs !!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2002, 00:24
BEXIL160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Karoshi

Do I think it's worth getting worked up about? Why do you think I posted my views (and those of MOST of my colleagues) here?

If it wasn't intended for the MAJORITY why not target the individuals concerned? As I stated above this is another failure of management. They have failed to deal with the alleged problems and have seen fit to blame ALL the ATCOs and ATSAs in LATCC.

I have seen the effect of this letter on people first hand, and I repeat it's p*ssed people off big time. It's possible that the managers nievely thought that it wouldn't cause a problem. It's equally possible that they have no idea what HAS happened following it's publication. Now they have no excuse.

If it wasn't intended for everyone, how come everyone posted to NERC has been given their own individually addressed (on the welcome pack) copy? No, this is another crass initiative that has backfired, for simple lack of care. A little thought would have avoided it. All I am asking for is "management" to do their job properly, i.e. manage.

Some questions for you now Karoshi if you think this is nothing serious. How does the publication of this letter to all and sundry do anything for Staff / Mangement relationships (already strained at best)? How does this make anyone feel a valued employee? How does this make anyone want to contribute anything to a company whose management have such a low opinion of its CORE (money earning) operational workforce.

Face it. They screwed up again. How to fix it? Easy. Openly APOLOGISE. ADMIT they were wrong. DEAL with the alleged incidents / people openly.. .Too hard? Probably.

rgds BEX