PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Centralised Engineering At Lyneham
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2005, 21:45
Jobza Guddun

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
I can't get over what I've read about the Eng set up at Lyneham. What has happened in the last 12-15 years in RAF aircraft engineering is little short of a disgrace, and it shows no sign of abating.

As a means of entry, we have gone from Apprentices/Direct Entrants/Mechanics, to Mechanic (Technician Stream) / Mechanic (Mechanic Stream), to SAC (Technician): forthcoming is the Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic. All this in 13 years. Now somebody is trying to destroy the way we have operated for decades (and found the hard way that it is probably the BEST way too). It will not stop at Lyneham either. Some myopic so-and-so is doing their darndest to get rid of squadron groundcrew and all that goes with that, and I fear that at a Norfolk unit the end is already in sight.

To my oppos at Lyneham, please make sure we get to hear more about how it's going down there, and use the system to highlight failings, as this will give those of us who will be the next victims of the morale and tradition killing senior Engineering officers, a fighting chance to make things work, or at least not let our fliers down too many times.