PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton permanently closes the passenger drop off area.
Old 8th Feb 2005, 18:56
LTNman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great entertainment

I guess that the roundabout will become the unofficial drop off point from now on.
Anyone looking for a good day out with free entertainment should come and watch the airport staff trying to direct reluctant passengers to the short-term car park for their free 15 minutes of parking. Yesterday morning it was NCP staff who were failing to stop passengers unload luggage from cars on the roundabout. By the afternoon airport security with whistles had taken over the job but were also having not much success. Today it was the police who got stuck in. Despite the sight of the police, cars were still parking on the roundabout right in front of the boys in blue to disgorge their passengers. Other motorists had a better plan, with the exit off the roundabout to the old drop off zone coned off together with road closed signs they just drove on the wrong side of the traffic island to get the old entrance.

With I guess most passengers making just one or two trips a year through LTN I wonder how long manpower will be deployed to keep the traffic moving?

Last edited by LTNman; 9th Feb 2005 at 05:46.