PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Airport Security - an oxymoron
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2002, 08:13
Fat Tony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well I suppose it's only a matter of time for this kind of thing to come to light....!!!. .. .Having been to a certain Caribbean destination on a shuttle flight from another local station recently, I can only say that I despair at the pathetic attempt at security that exists in may of these places.... .. .Having operated the outbound shuttle flight I am forsced by local agreement to clear customs and re-enter the airport through the normal security channels... no problem.. .. .However, Having bleeped going through I am made to take off my shoes, (remember I have just operated in the past 30 minutes) and pass them through x-ray while the security staff are paying no attention having been distracted by my new mobile phone!!!!. .. .This in itself is bad enough except that having taken a friend or two on the trip with me I had managed to take the wrong passport with me on the shuttle flight! So I passed through security with the wrong documents quite happily and continued with the flight... guess what. Without incident!. .When will these idiots realize that we don't want to destroy aircraft. We don't want to die. We don't need explosives to bring an aircraft down. But we aren't aiming to do that. We don't want to die! They would do much better to check my licence and ID more closely than x-ray me.. .. .What a completely idiotic system..... .. .Anyone else agree????. .. .Best Wishes,. .. .Fat Tony