PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2005, 14:32
TOPJET973K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC

Hi guys/girls

Yep - just heard that MB has signed on the dotted line and he will turn our historic club into a doss house for suited pillocks and NUFC footballers (same thing really)...

Northumbria Helicopters possibly taking the odd aircraft but I gather still to be operated from behind the Bellman, whether NC has done a deal with MB for the aircraft I don't know but either way Newcastle Upon Tyne Aero Club as we know it is finished - well done to the individuals who created the downfall and for not addressing the issue sooner, and finally WELL DONE to the individuals who used our club to feather their own nests - those people know who I mean...

£60K renovation work to a westerly based "construction" company.... £11K deficit for a fuel bowser.... £60K to "Little Wings".... etc etc etc etc etc..... £30K out of court settlement paid to an ex committee member..... etc etc etc etc etc..... over inflated contracts handed out by certain people.....

Nacker Barslob - you ignorant p****ck, I have stated ALL through this thread my sole purpose while serving on the committee AND my reasons for leaving, if you are intelligent enough to understand that then your last post makes you look dumber than you already are. As stated in earlier posts the only money I spent was for the benifit of the members and that was the self-financing redecoration of the clubhouse which paid for itself after 18 months. That hardly puts me in the BB or AC bracket....but having a pop at me will not change anything

If all that sounds strong then so be it - I feel sick because of what's happened, but I will never run away from anything that I have been involved with and yes, I do feel a certain amount collective resposability for what has happened, but before, after and even during my tenure when certain people were still controlling the club, I can't and won't be held responsible for other peoples actions. As I have stated many times previous to this, I was proud to represent the Aero Club - how many others before me felt like I did towards the club - your answer is probably NONE.

Last edited by TOPJET973K; 8th Feb 2005 at 20:45.