PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tax relief on training.
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2005, 13:11
Mosspigs

Paying for type ratings etc

Atyercervix73 and others.

Curious as to what those who are currently employed, who claim to be affected by the Wannabes desire to start on the ladder of employment etc etc are willing to do to help rectify the situation?

If we are all in this together and it is acknowledged that you have a more powerful voice than us, how will you help us to help you?

Will you ballot BALPA? Will you form an alliance and write collectively to the airlines or the Government? Will you lobby the Training / Recruitment Captains whilst down route?

Or as I suspect.............

Will you do nothing!

If anyone actually thinks that paying £X,000s is what we want to do. Think again. I want to be employed for the merits I have to offer the company. The loyalty and professionalism I will show in exchange for the training and a fair wage representative of my experience. Unfortunately, it would appear that market forces don't have a conscience or understand the meaning of sympathy.

Until such times as they do, or the market swings in our favour and whilst humans need sustenance to exist, you will get Wannabes who feel they have nowhere else to turn or nothing else they can do.

Airline profit margins are not huge and they are businesses. I don’t support it, but I understand it.

Soap box away now.