PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus at FlyBE
Thread: Exodus at FlyBE
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2005, 12:18
er82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATIS

Do you really think that the schedule out of the Channel Islands is our choice? Yes, we start at 0600 and finish at 1200, and start at 1140 and finish at 2100 (on the dash). But the afternoon is a 6 sector day the same as any other base. We have silly turn-round times of 25mins the same as everywhere else.

We've been crying out for new routes to add a little spice to our lives - luckily with NWI, SEN, BRS and NCL coming up we might finally climb out of scheduled bus service mentality we're in.

As far as us being called off standby to operate elsewhere - it does happen! Might not be on the same scale as the mainland crews, because obviously we don't have the ability to hop in a hire car to get to a different base.
HOWEVER, due to the fact that we are slightly over-crewed down here, you'll find that most of us have spent the last 6months continually night-stopping away from base for blocks of 5days at a time.
In fact, One Capt is so fed up of being away from his family every weekend, he's finally doing something about it.....

So yes, getting called off standby to operate from another base might not be as regular an occurence as it is for you lot on the mainland, but I'm guessing we've all night-stopped a lot more than a lot of you! And then it comes to the old argument - would you rather be doing long 6sector days out of your own base, going home to your family and your own bed every night, or do equally long days away from base where all you have to look forward to is an expensive dinner in the hotel restaurant.....

Maude Charlee - As far as us whinging on here - let's face it we're only saying what everyone else thinks. We're just not afraid to hide behind everyone else and are quite happy to put our views forward - which is what this forum is for after all.....

Echoing 80ktsboth - I love working for FlyBE. I go to work every day knowing I'm going to have a good time because I get on so well with all the crews. It's filled with great people. BUT, there is no reason why we should all lie back and be trampled all over. All we'd all like to see is fair treatment to EVERYONE.