PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Herc Down (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2005, 12:05
B.A.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With much sadness, I would like to add my condolences and support to the family and friends of our returning crewmembers. I spent the majority of my adult working life at and around Lyneham and, as with XV193, know how something like this can affect and unite the unsung heroes of the family that is RAF Lyneham.

Gibbo, we were crewed up together during the first Gulf War and I have many fond memories. Gareth and I will raise a glass when next down route. Gary, I think I met you twice but heard you and of you often. To you both, the pair of you are perfect examples of the personalities from which Lyneham and the RAF as a whole derive their strengths of character; you will be sorely missed.

I try and see positive in everything. I have trouble here, and it's often hard to express sentiment on paper. If there's anything we can take solace in, it's the leadership we have in place at the moment. The military can sometimes provide a haven for the intolerant; indeed, I've worked with and for managers ranging from the officious to the apathetic. If like me you have worked with both Obi & OC 47, you will be aware of how important the human aspect is to them, how they both share a trait of being "people-persons". I take some comfort in knowing that Lyneham and its family are in good hands.

All the best

B.A.